The Meaning of 2020 for Someone Who Suffered a Severe Mental Health Crisis 1/6/2020

There are a lot of memes, posts, hashtags etc. that espouse how bad 2020 has been.

I respect them.

I honor them.

I also relate to them in a way that goes beyond a Global Pandemic and Stay at Home Orders.

For context, New Years Day morning in 2020 began with a Tinder hook up gone wrong, a polar plunge, and an inpatient hospitalization 5 days later. Before the pandemic, this was already the worst year of my entire life. Fast forward two weeks, and I lost a beloved job and community. I was a woman on the edge. The edge of nothing.

As I sit here at my desk, in my office, of a new apartment for my son and I- I reflect. 

I am not as beautiful, as skinny, as wonderfully ambitious as I was this time last year. What I am though, is honest. I know my limitations, I know my faults. I know that I have to do better for my son and the people around me and I am trying.

2020 was a year of trauma and change for everyone but it specifically was for me.

This blog, I hope will serve as hope. We, the Bipolar crew, we will rise.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And on the 5th day of therapy my true shrink gave to me...a lesson about boundaries.

"It's not a broken arm, but I must take leave."